4. Allow personnel from a variety of agencies to meld rapidly into a common management structure.
ICS is Designed to Do
Designers of the system recognized early that ICS must be interdisciplinary and organizationally flexible to meet the following management challenges:
- Meet the needs of incidents of any kind or size.
- Be usable for routine or planned events such as conferences, as well as large and complex emergency incidents.
- Allow personnel from a variety of agencies to meld rapidly into a common management structure.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to ensure that operational staff, such as entomologists or veterinarians, can meet tactical objectives.
- Be cost effective by avoiding duplication of efforts.